Oplink’s Single Channel Bi-directional Integrated Tap Monitor (BTMS) is a hybrid component that integrates a flat spectral response of a thin-film tap with a high sensitivity PIN photodiode for power monitoring applications. The Bi-directional feature allows power monitoring from both input and output ports. BTMS minimizes component assembly costs and module footprint while increasing module design efficiency by facilitating fiber management.
The BTMS integrates the functionality of an optical coupler and a photodiode while delivering low insertion loss and low dark current with high temperature stability over a wide wavelength range. It is compact and easy to mount on a PCB board for module and network system use. Applications include DWDM channel power monitoring, optical network switching/protection monitoring, re-configurable optical add/drop multiplexers systems.
Oplink can provide customized designs to meet specialized feature applications. Also, Oplink offers modular assemblies that integrate other components to form a full function module or subsystem.
- 2-/3-pin package easily mounted on a PCB
- Flat and broad operating wavelength range
- Low insertion loss and PDL
- Low dark current
- Various tap ratios available
- High temperature stability with hermetically sealed photodiode
- Monitor optical signal from one both input and output
- EDFA and Raman amplifiers
- Add/Drop and optical protection monitoring
- DWDM/CWDM systems